Share your comments on AKA cigars and events!

52 Comments

1. Jason Racette
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 17:19:05

Jay,

Just wondering on how to get my address changed for your records. I recently moved to Michigan from Dallas. By the way there are no AKA bases up here :( Bob and Ronald @ Cigar Warehouse have been taking care of me though great guys! Nth Degree is legit, keep up the good work.

2. Paul
    Oct 23, 2013 @ 04:45:28

Smoked a anchors aweigh today. Very flavorful stick. Looking forward to trying other lines from aka. God bless our military and thanks for all you do for them.

3. Bret Kilpatrick
    Sep 20, 2013 @ 22:19:47

I recently purchased a devil dog respect at a shop in Tulsa, and to be honest I was hesitant at first, having never heard of AKA. But I greatly enjoyed your show of love and support for the services and took a chance. I was not disappointed, I greatly enjoyed the respect and have been telling all of my cigar buddies about the brand and what they do for us soldiers. I am a 9 year Army vet stationed at fort sill, ok and I have been looking everywhere trying to find your brand. It would be awesome if you guys could come and do a show or event, I know a great little cigar bar here in town that would love to have you. Keep up the good work and God Bless.

4. USArmyRecon
    Aug 29, 2013 @ 02:39:39

Ran into Jay @ tobacco exchange in OKC on my way home from teaching an Army Basic Instructor Course. Still in my uniform, Jay offered a maduro complements of AKA. Just wanted to say thanks again (for both the maduro and your collaboration with top notch veterans organizations who have helped me personally). I look forward to trying the maduro and the Hooah I purchased, as well a many future AKA!
    -SSG Darren Barnes
    2nd BN, 189th REG, OK
    68W MOS-T Instructor

5. Jake
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 01:54:05

The gentleman at Cigar Warehouse in Dallas introduced me to AKA. I have tried only the Solace so far and what a wonderful smoke. And with several family members serving in the armed forces, this will definitely be my brand of choice for the future. Thanks for an awesome product and thank you most for supporting the guys/gals that protect us and our freedom. Keep up the good work!

6. Moose
    Aug 13, 2013 @ 16:00:19

7. Cigar Surgeon
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 17:02:46

I haven’t had the opportunity to try any AKA cigars yet, but I’m looking forward to it in the near future.

8. James
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 02:35:29

Loved the hybrid. Fun cigar to smoke a great deal of change in this blend. Fantastic. Realy want to try the Solace but the B&M near me is sold out!. Might just have to pick up a respect next time I am there.

9. Zee
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 23:37:36

Been wanting to try these cigars after reading the reviews on RRR’s (RobbyRasReviews.com) site!!

10. Matt
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 13:09:38

Great brand, great guys and great smokes! Thanks!

11. Jason
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 03:52:54

GREAT cigars, GREAT price, GREAT customer service.

AKA is the embodiment and definition of a successful business; highly recommended.

12. Medic45
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 02:00:00

Love what I’m seeing with RRR!! Been diein to try some!! And the name well that just speaks wonders!!

13. Russ Page
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 00:42:11

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you guys that you make great smokes, and keep on keepin on. RobbyRasReviews sent me some of your sticks to try, and while I have only had the Solace (which was delicious btw), I am excited to try the other cigars out.

Cheers

14. Jason Racette
    Nov 19, 2012 @ 04:06:23

Jay,

I got turned on to your brand by the guys at the Cigar Warehouse in Plano. First class group of guys there. Being a Military guy I appreciate everything you do for our guys. I wanted to thank you for that. I also wanted to run something by you as far as pricing. You are by far a premium boutique cigar and I get that. However, there are a lot of military guys like me trying to make ends meet that would rather do nothing than smoke your cigars and support your cause. Is there anyway we can get bundles in the future somewhere between a stick and a box. I’m smoking 2 a day on a government salary and man it’s tough. Just an idea but in no way do i think you shoud diminish your badd ass brand. best cigars I’ve ever smoked. i’m really looking forward to meeting you as I live local here.

Regards,

Jason

15. Rick
    Sep 25, 2012 @ 22:24:15

Great cigars! I picked up a couple Hybrids at Leaning House Cigars this past weekend. I’ll definitely go back and pick up a few more!

16. Dirty Dog Cigar Shoppe
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 13:20:13

The Respect and Hybrid have become the hit of the shop. GREAT smokes.

17. Brian
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 03:46:33

I just got back from the event at the Cigar Box at Jenks River Walk, and can honestly say that I love your Cigars!

18. Steve Harvard
    Aug 24, 2012 @ 22:11:39

Received a handfull of cigars with one AKA Respect cigar as a gift from a friend ,she had no clue what she bought, just that the cigar shop said it was a new stick they just started selling. Well I looked up your webpage to figure out what she got me… With out knowing she bought this Leatherneck a Devil Dog Respect. Plan on lighting it up this weekend, I’m sure I’ll be stocking up now. Good on ya’ for supporting the troops! SEMPER FI!

19. Dr. Mitch Fadem, COL, USAF (ret)
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 00:41:16

Smoking the ‘Respect’. First impression is excellent. I know Christian Eiroa and he grows great tobacco. To get the Kelner’s involved was a stroke of genius. I will write a full review later but for now I will say every bit as good as the 2005 Camacho Liberty which was a $17 stick. You should have quoted Christian on the bit about inhaling the smoke through your nose… it is one of his best lines. Good luck with the blends.

20. B.J. Stumpf
    Aug 18, 2012 @ 17:02:56

This old Jar Head would like to thank AKA Cigars (Respect) and the Dirty Dog Cigar Shop for a great afternoon.

21. Salvador
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 03:42:55

With the addition of the Solace line, AKA Cigars has made the circle complete. A cigar for any smoker, light, medium, or heavy a cure for any taste a truly great brand. If you have to truly please every smoker in the room only an AKA will do.

22. Earl
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 00:08:57

Jay, just wanted to say that I can’t wait to try the new smokes. Have fun at IPCPR

23. Brian Linn
    Jun 18, 2012 @ 20:35:20

AKA Hybrid…What a cigar! 4 out of 4! Can’t wait to try a Respect.

24. David Frizell
    May 18, 2012 @ 18:03:35

I attended the AKA event at Cigar Towne in Houston, Texas, last night — a great store and a great event! I was lucky enough to win an AWESOME AKA premium humidor. It is beautiful and already holds a place of honor in my office. It was great to meet Jay and learn about AKA and their unique approach to serving their customers and honoring our troops. I gotta go — I’m busy collecting AKA cigar bands!

25. Shawn
    May 17, 2012 @ 17:58:32

Enjoyed meeting Jay last night at Lone Star Tobacco in Houston, TX. Thanks for taking the time to sit and chat with my buddy and I about how AKA Cigars came to be, and what you guys are committed to doing. The Respect is a fantastic, full-flavored cigar, and I look forward to the upcoming lines as well. I’m equally impressed with all that you guys are doing to give back to others. Thanks for thinking outside of yourselves, and not being afraid to break out of the mold. Much respect!

26. Forbes
    May 17, 2012 @ 00:41:40

Jay’s here running a Great Event. Great Cigars and Great Guys at AKA. Thanks for running a Top Notch Company !!
    Forbes at Lone Star Tobacco in Houston, Texas.

27. Troy H.
    May 07, 2012 @ 20:16:37

WOW!

My son and I stopped in to Tobacco Exchange (OKC, OK) yesterday. While there he bought me a humidor and a handful of smokes for my 50th birthday. I’m a huge Drew Estate Natural fan, but one of my sons spotted the great selection of AKA cigars they have on display. I took the day off to service my wife’s car and fired up one of the Elevated Sensory Processor (ESP)s my son purchased for me. This cigar absolutely lived up to all the hype! Construction is spot on, nice even burn. Yes, the flavor notes did change throughout (as most cigars do) but every little nuance was very enjoyable. These are excellent smokes. I’ll be attending the event this Friday, and yes, winning that bad ass humidor! AKA, you are definitely on to something here!

28. Greg
    May 04, 2012 @ 02:40:56

I was drawn to the AKA cigars because of the great reviews , their support of our troops and the American brand. I tried several of the cigars in the Respect and Hybrid lines. I loved all of them. I just left an AKA event in San Antonio where I had the pleasure of meeting Jay and Tom. These guys are great people who have a great passion for putting out a great product and helping out our troops and charites in the USA. I look foward to keeping my new AKA Humidor stocked with their awesome cigars.

29. Bret. Fruge
    Apr 28, 2012 @ 20:25:15

Good to meet Jay at AKA event in Lafayette. Really liked Hybreds made my day. Smokem if ya got’em.

30. mike hicks
    Apr 14, 2012 @ 23:29:52

Hi AKA. I have three cigar shops in Knoxville, Tn. I would like to offer your cigars in my humidors.
    Can you guys send me your contact info?
    Mike, Smokin’ Joe’s

31. Steve Jones
    Apr 13, 2012 @ 00:04:48

Two of my favorite cigars in the entire shop, though I’m partial to the Respect myself. Just placed an order for more!!
    Steve Jones
    Stafford and Jones Tobacconist in Richardson, Texas.

32. Gerald B
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 23:19:16

Been smoking cigars for 50+ years and AKA Hybrid is the smoothest, best tasting cigar I’ve ever had. Keep up the good work – with AKA and with Cigars4Troops.

33. Matthew J. Zeigler
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 22:23:33

I was able to try both the Hybrid and the Respect blends and I was very impressed. Blended at the Camacho Factory by AKA you can taste the high quality in the sticks! The price point is fantastic and with the donations to the Troops, it’s a no brainer! Unique taste and construction, amazing staff and customer support and support for our troops, the Trifecta making AKA a truly Kick Ass cigar!
    Vet smoke, Vet approved!

34. Christina
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 22:17:15

I recently tried an AKA Respect for the first time and I loved it. After watching “smoking hot cigar chick’s” video on them I wanted to try them. They were not available in my area so I contacted a store in Dallas and had a couple sent to me….love love love!!!

35. Storm Boen
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 21:50:20

I got introduced to AKA Cigars at a event in my home town. Easily the coolest event I been to yet. I mainly went because I had heard how Jay Lundy supports the Wounded Warrior Foundation, me being a wounded soldier and have taken advantage a little bit of the Wounded Warrior Foundation I wanted to check out the cigars and give something back. Jay Lundy was EXTREMELY cool sat with me and my wife and visited with us for a while. I bought of Respect before I had a chance to try them out, Im very glad I did, they were a very nice surprise, being a small company I wasnt expecting alot, Since then I have bought another box of Respect and prob dozen Hybrids so far. On top of it all AKA has easily some of the highest quality and coolest Swag in the industry!!

36. SSG Ron Gebhart
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 01:05:26

Let me tell y’all, I bought a box of Hooah cigars and I won
    A humidor and hybrid cigars. I personally liked the Hooah
    Better. I sent the hybrids and some Hooah cigars to some
    Friends in Afghanistan. They loved them both. Now I need
    To buy more.

37. Ricky Hamlin
    Apr 09, 2012 @ 22:35:25

Really been putting a hurting on the smokes I won. Down to 2 Hybrids and 3 Respects. Great smokes guys keep up the good work.

38. Melanie Keel-Wilkes
    Apr 09, 2012 @ 12:49:25

Thank you for producing premium cigars! They are excellent and the complexity is quite a treat! A must have for my humidor!
    THANK YOU for your support for CIGARS4TROOPS! Your generosity is unsurpassed! AKA has a great heart and we as well as the troops appreciate all you do!

Thank You!

39. Jason P
    Apr 08, 2012 @ 00:52:33

The “Respect” is such an awesome blend! My new favorite above all others!!!

40. Mike Stafford or Stafford & Jones, Richardson, TX
    Apr 07, 2012 @ 21:17:59

The AKA is an outstanding cigar from beginning to end. The construction is unsurpassed. The unique blend offers a great start, deliciously complex build, and a memorable finish. As a shop owner who can smoke whatever I want and should smoke everything these have become more than a regular smoke for me. I have to work to make sure there are some left for the customers.

41. Dan Gumm
    Apr 07, 2012 @ 19:57:11

Two of the finest cigars I have ever smoked! AKA does it right!

42. Tim Crowley
    Apr 07, 2012 @ 19:04:11

Some of the best quality cigars on the market with really unique flavors, excellent construction, and some of the coolest guys I know! Keep on Kick’in Ass
    Tim at Don Juan Cigars, Metairie, LA.

43. W. Ryan Martin
    Apr 07, 2012 @ 19:02:53

Thanks for the “kick ass” smokes and everything y’all do for the troops!

44. Dev Joplin
    Apr 07, 2012 @ 00:39:55

The people at AKA are truly top notch and take alot of pride in their products. They are very knowledgeable about their products as well. The customer service is over the top! They really take the time to answer any question that you might have. It is really nice that the guys at AKA take pride in their business and give great customer service as well.

45. Fidel's
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 16:14:21

The AKA line has set the mark for what a true boutique cigar should mean! It is by far one of most unique complex, and very well manufactured cigar lines in the industry today. I can’t wait to find out what Jay and Tom have in store for us next! Whatever it maybe, be sure to look for it on the shelves here at Fidel’s. Tom Foster, Fidel’s Kansas City, Missouri.

46. Mark
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 12:00:14

AKA cigars are simply a good quality smoke. I am so glad Jay and Tom spent the time and money to develop this new line. Both the Hybrid and the Respect are great and I am especially looking forward to the third blend coming soon.

Mark @ S&J Cigars, Richardson, TX

47. Blue Smoke of Dallas
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 04:06:21

AKA is a wonderful cigar. The quality of the leaves and the wonderful blending makes a great cigar!
    Jay Davis @ Blue Smoke Of Dallas

48. Mi Casa Cigar
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 04:04:43

What Jay has done is incredible! His Hybrid is a unique cigar with great flavor. One of my daily smokes! The Respect is a gem as well, but only after a hearty meal! Come see me! I have a lot, but they’re go fast.
    Dave at Mi Casa Cigars

49. Matthew Cool
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 00:47:44

Thank you for your generous donation to Cigars4Troops! Your donation & support for the troops is most admirable.

M. Cool

50. Cruz Ayala
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 19:58:06

I love AKA cigars! Especially the AKA respect hooah :)

51. Cigar Warehouse Plano,Tx
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 19:27:54

AKA Cigars is a brand that sets itself apart from all others, from the quality of the leaf they use, to the creative coherent blending style of Jay & Tom, Cigar Warehouse of Plano, Tx encourages all consumers to the give the brand a try and all retailers to jump on the AKA train as soon as possible. The product is incredible, the Hybrid in it’s rarity and ever unique flavor profile ,and the Respect with it’s bold yet balanced characteristics, there are no other cigars on the market like AKA. Our customers at CigarWarehouse are always impressed with the product and always come back for more. Thank you to AKA for making a tremendous and unique product.

52. Gerald
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 19:06:07

Truly Kick Ass Cigars!!! Great Smokes!!!